www.flickr.com

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Revisionism

New take on the daycare dropoff: Dylan is a Big Fat Liar. Yesterday she seemed particularly upset, and if I made the slightest move for the door she broke down completely. I must have looked mopey walking out because when I saw one of her old teachers on my way out she went to check on Dylan. By the time she got to the window that looks in on Dylan's room from the hallway, approximately four seconds after I had left the room, she said that Dylan was happily playing on the floor and laughing. So perhaps no one comes over to soothe Dylan because it would be pandering to an emotionally manipulative little twit. Stupid baby.

Dylan's nighttime sleep has been awesome lately -- we're averaging 0-1 wakeups per night. We pay for it in other ways, but at least we get time to ourselves in the evenings and nice sleep at night. I only mention it because it made last night's 3.5-hour waking bout all the more unpleasant to deal with. Stupid baby.

4 comments:

Aaron said...

By the way, we're checking with our legal department to see if it is possible to put the baby up on Craigslist. So if you're interested, keeping checking the Rochester Craigslist under the free section, for a curly headed beast who won't give her parents peace.

Anonymous said...

But she knows where her belly button is!

Anonymous said...

DOES SHE COME WITH A DOG? IF SO I MIGHT BE INTERESTED. Nana

Annie ~ إني said...

I'll definitely take her, but I'll be changing her name to Dylan Fatima Zahara.