www.flickr.com

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Room 3

The new daycare room is going...okay. I have had that perfectly adequate but nothing special feeling about this room. Today was the first day that actually bad. Most days they say Dylan does fine and she's playing happily when I get there. Today she was face down on the floor screaming and everyone was going about their business and they said she had been crazy and upset all afternoon. Possibly, I soon learned, because it was 4:00pm and she had not napped the entire day. She staggered over to me and I picked her up and she stopped crying and one of the teachers said "Aw, I knew you were faking." I would not call that faking so much as an exhaustion-fueled break with reality, but I guess we can disagree on that one. Her main regular teacher wasn't there, and I like to think she wouldn't have let that happen. This is still better than the first room and Dylan can deal with things a lot better now, but if she has a bad day it would be nice to think she could get some sympathy. She cries and clings to my legs when I drop her off in the mornings and I almost think it's getting worse, although they say she stops soon after I leave. I just think if they were a little better with her she would already be running over happily when we got there.

Post daycare crash


***********************

I have now enrolled 5 people out of 50 in my dissertation study. 10% is better than no percent is our new motto.

No comments: