www.flickr.com

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Wordy

Dylan had her first all out extended screaming writhing around on the floor tantrum yesterday, precipitated by not being allowed to eat the car snacks after breakfast. She whimpered at me the whole way to daycare. So I, reasonably enough, played a round of How Angry is Dylan? So Angry! She can apparently sense mockery because she tried to shut my mouth a couple times during that game. Then we got there and she was all sweet and smiling. She also nodded yes for the first time right when we got there, which made her seem more like a real person.

I gave her teachers cookies and a card for her last day there, but it still took a while for them to register that she would be leaving. One of them said she wouldn't go visit for a couple weeks until Dylan settles in. The other one was like, whatever, you'll be like "I'm going to get the laundry" and come back with Dylan.

She is saying more words, although not saying more words intelligibly. Her pronunciation is all variations on "ba" and "da" but I swear she's saying them on purpose. Words or suspected words:

daddy
dog
ball
up
done
bear?
spot?
daycare?
book
baby
uh oh

We've been working on mama, but she currently points to herself when you ask where mommy is, so I can't say that's going very well. She also has a few signs, but I have been lazy about learning more myself. She blows her nose when we hand her a tissue thanks to the snot fest we have had all week.

No comments: