www.flickr.com

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Week in Review

Thank you all for your votes. The winner will be revealed in due time.

This week has been crazy. All the other creatures in the house have been incredibly high maintenance (ahem, Aaron, Dylan, and Snuffy, I'm looking at you). Dylan has certainly outgrown that nice easygoing stage. New, clingier Dylan is a whiny malcontent, and she focuses 90% of her malaise on me. She's fine with Aaron and with strangers in the grocery store. In the mornings I always think, oh no, if she's this unhappy with me she's going to have a rough day at daycare. But no, we get there and she's perfectly happy. Yet I cannot walk across the room without detaching her prying little fingers from my leg. I ran into some classmates while I was out walking her and Snuffy. Upon seeing us said, how nice that she's so attached to you. Sort of literal for my liking.

Dylan is having no problem at all with the new room. This is the first time she has moved up here the teachers haven't looked shell shocked after a few hours with her. They don't have any highchairs or cribs in the new room, just cots and little chairs and tables, it's pretty funny. It's mostly the same kids she was with in the first two rooms. Between going over at lunch to nurse and hanging around chatting, I spent a lot of time in the first two rooms. The teachers in the new room don't seem nearly as interested in having me hang around, so I wonder if I'll feel like I don't know as much what's going on. They seem communicative enough, so that's good, but I also feel for the first time like they have a parent voice they are putting on, like I am being dealt with. Perhaps I am just grumpy because I like the current setup and don't want to have to deal with a new one every few months. (whine alert) I could also be grumpy from the wheezy coughing I have been doing all week, the waking up and teething Dylan has been doing all week, and the rapidly expanding list of necessary home repairs.

We're off to Ithaca this weekend. Wish us luck in the car.

No comments: