www.flickr.com

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Two/Three Years

Hey! What kind of party is this anyway? The hostess invites everyone, then goes out for cigarettes? It looks that way, doesn't it?

Anyway, now that I have my smokes, on to age three. I don't remember anything from age two, nor do I have any pictures or stories. Fun! I'll get more old pictures tomorrow.

Let's see. When I was three we went on an infamous trip to England with Cousin Jill, who I believe was 16 at the time. I'm told I was obsessed with putting money into the containers for the Spastics Society. Something about Noddy...

By that age I liked to keep my hair short so people would think I was a boy. I had a chip on my shoulder about boys and girls being treated differently up through...oh, now. But now I don't mind if people know I'm a girl. The pregnancies gave me away.

******

In other business, Ollie has bought himself a ticket out of the baby room at daycare. The room with the littlest babies is not, ironically, babyproof, so once they can move around they get booted to the next room up. That was a big difference, I remember, when Dylan moved in there. There's a lot more to do, and some of the kids can walk, but they still get to nap whenever they want. Once I told them how mobile he is the baby room people said they wouldn't take him. They seemed to have been looking forward to having him. Time must have softened their memories. I think he's going to have a much easier time than Dylan did.

I keep saying how different Dylan and Ollie are, but they are really similar in some ways. Ollie is just as social as Dylan always was, and loves music. Best of all, he seems able to entertain himself for long periods as long as I'm nearby. That'a always been one of Dylan's best qualities, which I was talking about by nine months or so. Looking back at the archives it looks like she really didn't sleep well at all that first year, which is about what I remember too. After a year it got better and I felt less dazed. Ollie has of late been taking champion morning and afternoon naps, going to bed at 10 or 11pm, getting up for a snack between 2 and 4am, and getting up for the day at 6:30am. Not the best sleep, so I have that Eau de Grump about me, but I can function most days. The naps make up for a lot though.

Oh! The lion. Dylan decided she would keep one and give one to Ollie. We haven't used it much, out of laziness. It made him cry the other day since he's not used to it. The end.

******

Here's a different, slightly out-of-focus, three-year old for you.

No comments: